SAMSUNG DLP Black out

Username: M_vig

Post Number: 1
I have a 61 inch LED light engine. The problem started like this. The color adjusts automaticly and looks greenish. That is still going on but now the picture goes black for about 2-3 seconds then comes back and goes back out about 1 - 2 mins later. Has this happened to anyone? and what was the issue?

BTW, the tv is 6 months old.

Username: Awolf3

Post Number: 2
I haven't read every reply in this thread, but after reading through the last 100 or so replies, I think I have a unique problem. I have a HLN5065W1X/XAA that I have owned for about 18 months (I bought it used, not sure when it was new). About 9 or 10 months ago, it started shutting off on its own. There are no flashing or solid lights on the front when this happens. Sound and picture are just fine. When this first started to happen, the tv would stay on for hours, but now it usually won't stay on for more than a minute or two. It has basically been sitting this whole time because I was told that I need a new bulb and ballast and didn't have the $250 or so that I was told it would take to fix it. I have no idea how many hours are on the bulb. After reading some posts on this site, it seems like it could be a number of things, including software upgrade, new bulb and/or ballast, etc. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is? I am a student and I don't exactly have the money to buy new parts in the hope that it might fix the problem. Thanks in advance.

Post Number: 2
Turns out the DMD Module was bad. Still waiting on the part to come in.

Post Number: 3
Well....DMD Module replaced. Did not fix the problem. Had the guy come back and replace a board. That did not work. Currently working with Samsung on getting the TV replaced. OH The model Number of the TV is HLT-6187S. If anyone is having this problem problem I would like to hear from someone. I am considering trying to talk to Bestbuy and pay the difference and getting an LCD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us