Samsung 5087w DLP need help

Username: Dav2424

Post Number: 1
The other day Comcast came to fix my cable box. I was out of the room on a phone call and came back to a broken set. The installer said he hadn't touched anything. Well, that's here nor there, here is the problem. I turn the TV on and there is a loud screeching sound with no picture. I thought this may be the color wheel and took off the back panel to explore things further. First I took out the bulb and it looked fine. The color wheel looked fine. Finally I plugged it in to see the Black vent like thing (LOL) above the Bulb housing was sparking inside. This is where my problem lies. This part literally sits directly above where you plug the box in the bulb is cased in. Does anyone know what this part is called? Can I replace this part, or is it part of a bigger part that all needs to be replaced? I have called Samsung many times last week to receive many various types of "run around" with no answers. I don't want to pay someone to replace a part that I can see and should be able to fix on my own. IF I only knew what it was called. Please help; I would have never bought this TV if I knew service was so poor. I took a picture of the vent where the sparks are coming from. I hope someone knows, I am running out of optionsUpload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us