Sanyo 50747 .HDMI input went dead after lightning

Username: Garbe

Post Number: 2
Hi,
The HDMI input that was in use connected to a sat receiver went dead during lightning.. the other HDMI inputs and rest of TV work fine.
Is this likely to require a new "input" board or what may otherwise be needed and where can one get parts/boards... I am a technician but just beginning on flat screens.
Thanks!

Username: Dedahed

Post Number: 1
I have run into this exact same problem. Were you able to determine a resolution?

Username: Garbe

Post Number: 4
Hi Brent,
Are you a tech?
I made some phone calls and was able to talk to a Sanyo technician. I explained and he felt confident that replacing the entire board which has all the input/output connectors should solve the problem. BTW the model is DP50747 ... I forgot the "DP". They apparently sell parts only from their own location... not through various distributors as other brands usually do. Also apparently have no discount for full time technicians. Same price to anyone. The price quoted me for this "board" was about $130 plus shipping. Haven't talked with my customer's insurance adjuster yet so waiting to see if I will be given the go-ahead to order the board and fix it.
Please let me know your thoughts and if you have any further questions.
Best regards..

Username: Dedahed

Post Number: 2
No, I'm a homeowner, with a Polaroid LCD TV with the same problem. Thanks for your insight... Our insurance adjuster is scheduled to be here sometime over the next few days, so we'll see what they say.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us