LG Suck & Lie

Username: Shantelleno1

Post Number: 1
I purchased an LG RH4810W DVD Recorder a few years back and soon discovered that the 80GB hard drive that it came with was too small for my needs. I contacted LG and inquired if a larger hard drive could be installed. LG stated "No, a larger hard drive can not be installed." Out of curiosity I decided to install a 200GB drive I had spare and to my surprise it was immediately detected and functioned properly. Seems like LG will say whatever they need to say to convince you to buy another product rather than upgrade your existing gear.

I have since purchased another LG DVD Recorder RH2T160 (SD Tuner) and straight out of the box the tuner was faulty. I took it to their authorized repair outlet in my area where they replaced the entire inside (circuit board) of the unit. When I got the unit home I plugged it in and the same problem existed.

The 68cm TV I purchased at the same time also turned out to be faulty. The screen has 2 massive dull spots where next to no colour appears, the image vibrates from side to side and on the left side of the screen the picture is compressed. This unit is also in the repair outlet. I pay $1000 and I can't even use the darn things.

Both items are currently in shop being serviced.

Needless to say I WON'T be purchasing any LG products EVER AGAIN.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us