RCA tv S-Video stopped working

Username: Greg

Post Number: 1
I found this forum while searching a problem, it looks as though there is a wealth of information. I tried to search the posts to make sure I am not asking something that has already been ask and did not see a solution. I have a 37" RCA standard tv that is about 3 or 4 yrs old. I have a Direct-tv receiver; dvd recorder; dvd player; vcr hooked to the tv through a Phillips component connector or switch. I was using the S-Video from all components then an S-Video out of the Phillips switch to the tv. All was well on Fri night, then on Sat morning the tv did not function. After checking everything I found that the S-Video and composit connections on the tv did not work. The Rf cable works but the other connections on the tv do not. There was no power surge or lightening that I know of. I have a computer and a clock on the same circuit as the tv and they were not harmed. The power was interrupted though because the computer was off and the clock flashing which is what happens if the power if off for more than a couple of min. With the warranty out repair will be expensive and I do not want to put money into an older tv when I am getting the fever for hdtv or more likely edtv. (I have not researched enough to begin to make a decision yet) If anyone has had a similar problem or any suggestions, I would appreciate any help you could offer.

thanks in advance
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us