Samsung DLP - Picture ?

Username: Annieone

Pleasanton, CA

Post Number: 1
}I have read most of the posts on these message boards and have not seen a picture problem like I'm experiencing with my Samsung DLP. The lamp,2 fans and color-wheel are good. It's no longer under warrenty.When the set is first turned on the screen is white with 8 vertical columns with grey tone horizontal lines, after set warms up the colors change to blue-grn-blk.Then it changes to the posted pictures (no way to tell if they uploaded?). Is it time to dump this TV for a new one or could the "fix" whatever it is, be cost effective?
Thanks for all the great advise/help/support you give to so many!

Pleasanton, CA

Post Number: 2
Here are the pictures refered to in my previous post of March 11th.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 120
Ouch Cheryl! Turn it off!! It's hurting my eyes..

The problem is your DMD board. However, it seems like it may be a cold solder issue as the lines are not consistent, yet they seem to be intermittent.

You may be able to have a technician pull the dmd board and "rework" the solder.. see if it helps.

Other than that, i'm trying to find somewhere where they sell DMD boards at a reasonable price. I will post it here for everyone to see when and if i find one.

Pleasanton, CA

Post Number: 3
ovadoggvo-
Thanks for the reply and posssible problem.
I'll do some searching on DMD boards too.

Silver Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 123
Cheryl,
Today I came across a JVC DLP with the same problem. I talked with JVC engineers by phone because I couldn't get an answer from Samsung. They explained to me that the problem causing this is a software malfunction on the DMD board. On the JVC units it is a type of "bios" chip that is removable from a 24pin socket. Replacing this memory chip is supposed to fix the problem with the JVC set. Apparently they use a new bios when JVC refurbishes the units in their mexico facility..

I will look further into the Samsung DMDs when I have a chance to see if there is a fix for them. If not, your best bet may be a used dmd board for the time being.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us