Samsung DLP Won't turn on

Username: Jwilk

Valencia, California USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung HLN467W and it is almost 3 yrs old. I bought it as a floor model and have since had the lamp, ballast and color wheel replaced (unrelated problem but the tech was very nice to replace these anyhow). The other day, my daughter was watching the tv and it shut off by itself. She turned it back on and it was fine for a few minutes and shut off again. She did this about three times and then when she turned it on, only the audio worked. When I got home and tried it, same thing, only the audio. I unplugged the set and the DirectTV and plugged it back in and then got no audio or video. (I'm guessing the audio failure is just because I unplugged the DirecTV but not sure).

So when I turned on the tv, it would cycle three times and then give three blinking lights. I read that this is a sign of a bad lamp so I ordered a new one (dlplampsource.com) and replaced it. No help!! It still does the exact same thing. Should I now replace the ballast? where is it anyhow? Is there a way to trouble shoot this without just replacing parts willy-nilly? Thanks for any help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us