For Bell ExpressVU Subscribers...

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1261
I went out this morning to 3 different Bell World Stores in Oahawa and asked about the card swap for the new up and comming Nagra 3 change. Since I only own a 4100 series receiver for BELL I was only told about the 4100 series. It is a newer receiver... EVERYTHING IS BUILT IN and DOES NOT REQUIER A NEW CARD when nagra 3 takes effect. Not one person could tell me when that will take effect. but 4100 series receiver subscribers are not going to receive a new card IT IS NOT NEEDED. Please do not call me a liar or that I am wrong about this info ... At least I went right to the source and found out what I just shared with you all.If you don't believe me go out and ask for yourselves.

I also did some reading on the interent and found this ...
February 28th, 2008, 07:12 PM #1
RiseStar
Digital Insurrection Godfather
(Webmaster)

Bell Expressvu dishes out new signal security upgrade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bell Expressvu dishes out new signal security upgrade

Posted by : RiseStar , Lounge0101 Administrator

Similar to its security upgrade in July 2005, Canada's leading satellite broadcaster, Bell Expressvu is in the process of a new signal security upgrade in an effort to curtail its' rampant piracy problem.

Bell Expressvu utilizes equipment and signal encryption technology manufactured by Echostar, the U.S.'s second largest digital satellite broadcaster. Echostar's Dish Network has been plagued by piracy issues for many years, despite numerous expensive attempts to resolve the problem. This has lead to widespread piracy issues for Bell Expressvu due to the similarity in technology. Recent estimates peg more than 2 million pirates are currently receiving Dish Network and Bell Expressvu programming without payment.

The Bell Expressvu satellite signal is encrypted, allowing only authorized users, such as subscribers to decode the signal and allow them to view the channels that they are subscribing to. Signal pirates exploit vulnerabilities in the encryption technology, including the satellite access card, which uniquely identifies a subscriber to the satellite network to "unlock" the encryption without authorization.

To combat this, once it becomes obvious that the signal encryption technology has been compromised, the satellite broadcaster must upgrade their "conditional access" technology, usually requiring a software upgrade to subscribers receivers in addition to a replacement "access card".

Bell Expressvu has already begun to upgrade subscriber's receivers in preparation for the new access card which will begin mailing to subscribers shortly. Once the subscriber receives their new access card, they simply remove the old card from their receiver (if equipped), insert the new access card and follow the on-screen instructions, activating it either online or via a toll free phone number. Certain Bell Expressvu receivers may have an empty card slot, in which case, the new access card slides in and the identical activation procedure takes place. To ensure the new access card is updated in short order, once mailed to subscribers, the old access card will be automatically disabled with a short period of time.

Bell Expressvu states the new card activation procedure will take 15 minutes to 2 hours for programming to return to normal.

http://sattv.lounge0101.com/ < This is where I got the info from. there are some interesting things about Directv and Echostar on that link also. all update as of FEB 28 2008

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1262
LK sorry if this offends yourto paste your post here without your permition. I thought people might like to read your info also. So forgive me again for posting this I mean no harm.

LK
Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14051
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 04:42 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as stated above...again..

Receiver Model Being shipping with new CA Smart Card
4100 / 4120 March
5900/5920 February

Beginning April 15, 2008, Bell clients that require this upgrade will receive a letter, a new CA SmartCard and instructions on how to swap the SmrtCard.

ExpressVu will be upgrading the software in your receiver(s), which will require you to install and activate a new SmartCard. Installing new SmartCards will ensure that you continue to receive programming and prepare you for future service enhancements to ExpressVu digital TV from Bell.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 2549
good info doreen
what does that means for fta reciever?
will they able to decode nagra 3

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1263
That I dont know.(It's a lets wait and see game now) I supose the person to ask about that would be LK. Not sure if King or Nalin would give the right answers to that question. ( even tho they do try... I mean offence ) This thread is only about BELL subs.

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 469
Look Doreen and every one else here I have been here long enough to see that no one here knows shitt only what they read and copy. If I am wrong
show me.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1264
Well speaking for myself the first part of my post states that I did go to 3 different Bell World Stores and asked about the card swap Thats is hardly copy and pasted info . I also gave the link to where i got the other info from. http://sattv.lounge0101.com/
I will say tho that the people working at the stores I went too didn't know when the card swap would really take effect. Again that is NOT all copy and pasted information.

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 209
Yukon i totally agree.she is the 1 always said LK know sh1t and only C/P..all i see what she is doing in this forum is 90% is C/P and posting pics.

Silver Member
Username: Nub2fta

N/a, N/a Canada

Post Number: 138
Nagra 3... hasn't that already running in Europe??? If I am not mistaken, that already has been broken. possibly my mis-understanding, if so my bad!!!!
nub.

Silver Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 429
Sorry guys girls everybody bin release for viewsat ultra

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Post Number: 155
Doreen, It sounds like you are telling the truth. I trust you. Thanks for the info...

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1265
Well unlike some people that Do ONLY COPY AND PASTE info....Like I mentioned I went out and asked the right people at the right places. NONE of my first part of my post was found on the internet but IN THE STORES THAT I PAY MY BILLS TO! If I can't trust them then who can you trust to get the RIGHT INFO from? I am not dissing anyone in this tread/forum but posting what the store workers told me. After all I AM A PAYING CUSTOMER. Why would they lie to me?
BTW... thank you! devin and sada

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1266
METALLICA .she is the 1 always said LK know sh1t I wasn't referring to his info on this matter, so far he is right. And on a personal note LK is wrong about a lot of MY PERSONAL LIFE thats all i am saying about that matter.
Nub2fta this thread isn't about narga 3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us