Panasonic TH-42PZ700U : Power Problem - Wo't Turn On

Username: Mario008

Post Number: 1
Power Problem : Won't Turn On - Power LED blinks 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 times repeatedly

I purchased TH42PZ700U Sep 2007. Feb 14, 2008, it won't turn on and Power LED (Red) flash 7 times. I reported this issue to Panasonic Conserge Service and got reply "The lamp blinking 7 times is a service code. Since the unplugging and replugging didn't work the unit will need to be serviced."

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3747
The 1080p Panasonic plasmas have power supply problems. Look at consumer feedback at Circuit City or CNET.

Post Number: 2
I called Panasonic Conserge Service and made the schedule that Panasonic tech person will visit my house and fix this problem Feb 20, 2008. I just need to show the TV's receipt for the free service.

Post Number: 3
Feb 20, 2008. Panasonic Tech Person (from Panasonic Plasma Concierge Program ) visited my house and fixed this problem. He opened my TV's back panel and changed a board to new one. And also, he updated the TV's firmware. The person provided the great service and information I requested. I decided to purchase the extended warranty $199 from Panasonic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us