Plasma Damage

Username: Benstill

Post Number: 1
Is it possible to damage a plasma TV by yanking out the composite cables while the TV is on?

I have satellite, and recently I decided to give Cable a shot, just because the HD channels were cheaper. The tech who came to install suffers from bad temper, and while my son was watching TV, the tech reached behind the panel and without turning the power off, he yanked the composite cables out of the inputs, the screen went black. Plasma went in sleep mode but never woke up. Long story short, later that day I plugged the composite cables back in the TV and couldn't get it to turn on.

I know that electronics are sensitive and the TV was in perfect working condition right before this sucker pulled the cables with the power on.

Is it possible that what he did could have damaged the plasma?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3730
Try unplugging it for a minute and plugging it back in.

Username: Benstill

Post Number: 2
I did that and nothing. This is the display behavior when I turn it on... the power button goes green (on) for 2 secs and then red (off) and blinks 3 times and I hear a clicking sound, then it repeats 3 more times and then stays red and nothing happens.

The question remains, is it possible to damage the TV by yanking the cables out while the TV is on?

Silver Member
Username: Boyce

Post Number: 321
No I don't think so, I did that a lot, plug/unplug, no problem at all.

Username: Adelauney84

Post Number: 2
If the guy damaged the inputs, it would definitely cause a black screen.
To fix it, you would need to buy a new Main Audio/Video Board.

You can find parts on eBay or a website which is popular for parts is http://www.Discount-Merchant.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us