New DVD Blues...

Username: Rlt78006

Post Number: 1
I purchased a Samsung DVD-1080P7 DVD player with up-conversion. Shortly after the 90 day warrantee ran out it started locking up and pausing allot. To the point that it was unbearable to watch a DVD movie on my home theater. So I went out and bought a Sony DVP-NS77H at Best Buy also with up-conversion. I took it home and set it up but it generated a buzzing noise through the right channel. So I packaged it up and returned it for another one. Same make and model. Brought this one home and same issue.

I hooked the DVD player directly into the TV via the HDMI cable. No noise. I connect the audio out to my Mitsubishi AV processor and i get the noise. I have tried different inputs on the receiver and the noise is still there. The Samsung did not do this neither do any of my other components.

The weird thing is that the buzzing sound amplifies with the volume control and changes intensity with the content on the screen (playing a DVD). Sometimes its there, sometimes not and other times very loud. It even is present during the "Loading Disk" screen before the DVD starts playing. It starts the minute you turn it on.

I have tried different RCA audio cables. Some say it may be a ground loop but my experience with car audio is that a ground loop is not amplified with the volume control. I have even plugged (power) in the DVD player directly into the AMP.

I am seriously bummed out.... can anyone lend any suggestions?

Rick
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us