Samsung DLP HLM507W strange problem

Username: Blakewhitaker

Post Number: 1
OK, I will try and relate what happened.

Samsung TV started having the Replace Fan No. 2 problem. After a minute or two the notice went away so I ordered a new fan and then replaced it, but alas I think it did the damage while I was waiting for the fan, (thinking that when the notice went away, the fan was working).

Replaced the fan, cleaned out the unit, and put it all back together. Then the strange thing happened. The TV would come on fine for about 10 seconds, then the color wheel would stop spinning (confirmed by the weird 2 color picture on the screen and again by opening the back, holding down the override switch and watching it happen.

the light continues to work, but the unit will not shut off without a loss of power. (Even letting go of the back cover override will not stop the TV.

Samsung TV Repair shop in town says it is a DMD board and suggested I replace the light engine. I thanked them for their $25 analysis and took the unit home. So a few questions:

1) Does anyone have the part number for the HLM507W DMD light engine.

2) Does the analysis sound right, or just (this is the easiest way to fix this TV without a lot of diagnosis)

3) Any tests you would recommend to narrow down which piece of equipment it might be?

Any help would be great. I have already upgraded to the LED engine TV, but would not like to just salvage this one.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us