Is cleaning of lens necessary - rear projeciton TV?

Username: Newbee

Post Number: 2
I have read many threads on this board trying research whether cleaning the lens and mirrors is something that should be done as part of the regular maintenance. I found where this question was asked several times but no one answered it directly.
Reason I'm asking. I trying to decide to buy an extended warranty at Sears as part of my Hitachi 57S500 at Sears. Sears says they will clean lens and mirrors once a year as part of the $550 five year agreement. this makes it worth it becasue they wioll charge $100 for one cleaning. When I asked if this was neceassary, the salesmen of course said yes they do it to the models they have on the floor and does improve them. I also talked with a salesmen at REX their agreement is $399. He says cleaning is not required as part of the regular maintenance because Hitachi seals the box? Because salesmen will say anthing to sell one of these what is the real story?. Does anyone know whether annual cleaning in necessary or am I just looking at paying extra$$$?

Username: Mprice

Post Number: 3
I've never thought about this before. Why don't you go straight to the source and contact the manufacturer or an authorized repair center for your brand of tv?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us