Red component video dropout on ms 65689

Username: Bpowell

Post Number: 1
mitsubishi model WS 65689 rear projection big screen

PROBLEM: when playing a DVD from a component video source (going in to component video input 1) the picture turns green after a few moments.

sometimes it takes 30 minutes ...other times it does it on start up of the DVD

here is what i have done so far to isolate the problem:

1. changed component cables
2. changed DVD players
3. connected a new set of cables to componet video 2 input FROM A SEPARATE DVD SOURCE (i also connected the RCA red/white/yellow input on component 2). ... i get a video feed from the RCA inputs r/w/y but not the component inputs....this may be a separate issue such as the system defaulting to the r/w/y inputs over the component inputs....to be determined ....but at least the picture does not turn green which is the bigger issue.

it appears that the component video inputs on the TV are not accepting the feed on input 1 or something is happening inside the TV .....such as a capacitor is overheating on the component 1 input (RED) and shutting down after a while....nevertheless i have isolated the issue to the TV and eliminated the DVD player as the source of the problem.

my question is: given this diagnosis what are the probable causes and associated remedies.....and estimated costs.

this is a 6 year old TV (last of the gun rear projection models) and depending on repair estimates it may be time to replace

please help

thanks

bill powell
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us