Problems witrh Samsung RP TV SP-43Q1HE!

Username: Juja

Post Number: 1
My father owns a Samsung rear projection TV, model SP-43Q1HE. A few months ago he noticed the image was not satisfying as before, so he ordered some repairing service from a Samsung-authorized repair shop here in Portugal, but to my father's dismay it came back home even worse than before. As he was desperate and noone would help him, he took the irresponsible step to mess with the service menu and used the RESET function.
Of course, now the tv doesn't work. If we try to connect it, the standby red light blinks twice, we hear the melody start and then it shuts down again back to standby. But sometimes we managed to see something of an image up on the screen, on the upper part, then appeared some red and blue (and green?) concentric lines also on the upper third of the screen. I wonder now if the tri-tubes are out of convergence and pointing to the roof of the tv, instead of the screen?

Now I have the service manual, does anyone know how to help us? Do we really have to take the tv to the repair shop?

Thanks

Israel
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us