Buy a HDTV for the first time

Username: Jelaw01

Post Number: 1
I am buy a HDTV for the first time and am very confused with all I have read. My budget is around $1300.00 and I really don't want to go over a 42in. I am leaning towards an LCD, but that could change. So any information provided will be helpful.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1802
I hear that the prices are going to drop 20 percent late this month. I would wait and see. U can get a great 42" lcd for that.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3603
CC will have a Sharp 42" LCD on black Friday for $800. You can go in early and buy one then get the difference back on Friday with the 30 day price match.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1806
yeah, but how many will they have of them? I got a great deal there last year, but they only had 3 of them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3604
That's why you buy one now and get the difference refunded on Friday. There's other stores in my area that will price match them too. My local CC said if I want something on Friday they are out of they would just order one for the listed price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1810
Ohh, i see now. I will check into this. Thanks for the info.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1811
I dont think thats how it works. These are going to be "doorbuster" sales. They have only a few at this price. U cant price match these. These FEW items are designed to get u in the store. But, I could be wrong... thats how they do it here antways.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3605
Well I went into CC and asked a manager and was told as long as the ad doesn't specifically say no 30 day price match, they will do it. What have you got to lose? You buy the TV and they don't refund the difference then you return it for a refund.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1814
Yeah, that wont work david. I looked in to it. But the prices are going to drop soon anyway on them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3611
Well it will where I am. Almost any other store that carries that TV will price match.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1821
Not on doorbuster sales dude.... good luck trying.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3616
Maybe not where you are. Again, I talked to a manager at another local store and they said I could buy the TV now and go there on BF during the time of the sale at CC and get the difference refunded. Whoever you are talking to doesn't know what they are talking about ir it isn't the same there as it is here. I can definitely do it here. My local CC said if they run out of them that I could just buy it during the sale and I'd just have to wait for a shipment of them to come in. Usually if they don't have that specific TV in stock, they offer a good price on another one, at least that's how it works where I am.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1825
i bet u CAN get a refund of the difference... if u are one of the first few in the store, before they sell those 3-5 TV's. It works like that here too... (Usually if they don't have that specific TV in stock, they offer a good price on another one, at least that's how it works where I am.) And this isnt just a sale. Its DOORBUSTERS... that means u wait in line (all night) to get the price on the DOORBUSTER sale items. They only have a few at that price. CC is CC, anywhere in the country... why do u think people camp out for these things? I dont know how old u are, but i am affraid if u go buy one of those tv's, u are going to be pissed when u dont get any cash back... i bet if u ask that same mnger again... u would get a diff answer... unless he isnt too smart. Ask others if u dont believe me...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3618
Like I said I can go to another store and get the TV for the same price. I can also go to CC and have them order one. I'd bet I'm a sight older than you. I'm done with this. There's no sense in arguing, if you think you're right, so be it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1850
lol, if u are even 30, u should know how these things work... yeah, i am done too. Go get one
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us