Cable Splitter to 2 cable boxes...

Username: Bmxmike

Post Number: 2
Ok so here is my question....

I plan on buying a Sharp LC-42D43U, Now in the house we have Digital Cable with 1 cable box in the living room. At first the cable was run through a 1-2 cable splitter and was running from the living room to my bedroom. We now have this.....

This is the setup now, 0. Cable input, 1. Cable Box, 2. Bedroom T.V., 3. Computer tuner Card, 4. None.

Now I am going to rent a HD Cable box from Cox and my question is if im running the HD Box in my room,

1. Will I still be receiving the HD signal?
2. I really dont need the 4 way splitter, Would I get a better signal if I ran just the 2-way splitter? or will I not noticed the difference?

I now that the more splits you put on a splitter the more times you cut the db in-half, which is why i ask about switching back to the 2-way. I ask because someone was trying to tell me to get the HD cable box i will need the cable company to run a whole new cable wire so i can keep the digital in the living room.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1894
Michael, if you are going to get a legal HD box installation from your cable company, why not let them worry about the wires, splitters, amps, etc?

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1833
they charge u for each cable. I would try it both ways... I dont think it will matter which way u do it. It should work

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1802
2 way splitter or 4 way splitter won't make too much difference
Yo'll still be able to get all HD channels even if yo split 8 times

Good cables and good crimpped connectors usually will result in a better signal level

Cable TV signal is a lot smaller frequency than Satellite

Go ahead try it, it will work
Come back with questions

Top Deals

Loading, please wait...

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts