Surround sound

Username: 65vampir

Salisbury mills, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1
I have a philips surround sound with dvd player and sometimes it doesn't take the cd. It says "no disc". Than I clean the system and after numerous tries it finially takes the cd. I heard}}} it's the format of the cd. Newer movies they use differend format for the cd. My question is, could I buy just a dvd player and connected to the old surround sound? Would it bi-pass the old dvd player who is build in the surround sound?
Or is there a trick so any cd would play? This surround sound is not old or used a lot. I hope this was not confusing. I'm a novice. Thanks in advance.}}}}}}

Bronze Member
Username: Funkmeister

Post Number: 21
First: what is a "philips surround sound";
Second: how do you "clean the system";
Third: What "Newer movies" use "the cd";
Fourth: "Would new DVD "bi-pass the old dvd player?" Depends on answer to First above.
Last: "I hope this was not confusing". Hope some more.

Username: 65vampir

Salisbury mills, Ny Usa

Post Number: 2
First: Philips is the company for my home theater system, I call it surround sound. Second: Cleaning with a cleaning cd, anybody can by it in BestBuy, Walmart, etc.
Third: New movie, one who just got released. Fourth: Home theater system came with a dvd player and that dvd player sometimes doesnt work, if I buy a new one and connect it to the home theater system will it bi-pass the old dvd player in the system? All was pretty clear to me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us