Samsung HLR-6167W Shuts Itself Off

Username: Rmr

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 1
We've had a Samsung HLR-6167W for about two years. About nine months ago it began to randomly shut itself off. Sometimes it would happen two or three times a night, sometimes not for several weeks. Lately, it has been happening most nights. We'll be watching and we'll hear the chimes and the set will go off. It will start right up if we turn it back on. No unusual flashing lights or anything. We do notice that when it shuts down, we don't hear the fan running after power is off the way we do when we manually turn off the set. Naturally, we do not have extended warranty, Samsung says they can't help and service people say it is a waste of time to have a service call because it is an intermittent problem. Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Stumple78

Post Number: 1
Hi! I've had the same problem with my 50" Samsung DLP HDTV. It would shut itself off. We could turn it on for a few minutes only for itself to shut off once again...this would go on and on. (15 months after the purchase) The first time we called Samsung and they said that a service center would contact us. The center fixed what they thought was the problem; some welding wasn't solid enough. (i don't know sh** about it). 142$ later they brought the tv back. well guess what: the same problem came back this week, 2 months after we got it back. I've heard that they have many problems with the Samsung rear projection TVs. Are you in the US or in Canada? Here, in Canada, an organism for the Cosumer protection is taking care of things trying to get Future Shop (BestBuy) to do something for us. It's completely stupid that a 2000$+ TV only lasts for 15 months or 2 years in your case. Companies are starting to know that people know more and more about their rights and what they're entitled to when they buy such appliances. All I can say is good luck!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us