Toshiba DLP 62HM95

Username: Jhaehle

Menomonee Falls, WI USA

Post Number: 1
When I turn the tv on there is a loud noise when the color wheel or fan is starting (not sure which one). After it gets going there is a slight hum, but not as bad as when I first turned the tv on. The hum continues for a couple minutes after the tv is turned off.

This tv also has an option called "Quick Restart Mode". When this mode is turned on the fans will run for a couple minutes after the tv is turned off. If you go to turn the tv on right after turning it off the tv is the going to start right up. When I turn this feature off the humming noise stops right when I turn the tv off. This make me think it could be a fan.

While the tv is on there are times when the color will slightly fade in brightness and then go back to normal brightness. I'm thinking this could be a sign that I need a new lamp soon.

Could a new lamp solve the problem? The humming noise seems to be coming from the same area as the lamp.

Or is this the color wheel or a fan?

If it is the color wheel or the fan, what are the average repair costs for those things?

Thank you for any insight.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us