Component v. HDMI below black signal

Bronze Member
Username: 007b

Post Number: 45
David Massey, I hope you are out there. Would you please explain how a DVD player can pass a below black signal via its component output but not via its HDMI output? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3589
Are you sure it's the player and not the TV? Some people prefer the component inputs on some TVs over HDMI.

Bronze Member
Username: 007b

Post Number: 49
It's definitely the DVD player. I have it connected via both outputs and using Digital Video Essentials, it passes below black from component but not from HDMI.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3592
Either output is only as good as the implementation by the manufacterer. What brand of player is it?

Username: Ehernandez

Post Number: 1
Hi, I'm new to the topic, I wonder if you guys can help me, I just bought my first LCD TV and my DVD player (an old JVC model) does not have direct HDMI output, which, as I understand is the best possible quality signal, It does have component (RGB) output, can I significantly improve my video quality if I add a component to HDMI converter?, if so, can you recomend one?, or those sold at ebay for $60 would suffice, I am really disapointed with the quality of my DVD , I want to improve it at a minimal investment, I already spend enough on the TV ...

Anticipated thanks to anyone for their input...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us