Sansung HL-P4663WX Displaying lines and pixels HELP!

Username: Jpotts

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have searched through this forum and have been unable to find something exactly similar to my problems. Here is what I have...

I turned on the television to find the screen had vertical lines on the screen. The lines were oriented in pairs spaced about 1.5" apart in 5" increments. There was also alot of flashing and shadowing pixels within the display. The menus had alot of ghosting pixels along with the lines. The lines seem to be a negative of the color that they should be.

Next...

I have the service manual and I have entered the service modes of the tv.

Intresting thing is that....

If I enter the test patterns in BOTH the DDP1011 AND DNIe chip, I find that the picture and coloration of the test pattern is flawless. The greyscale, the vertical and horizontal lines are PERFERCT.

I am kinda thinking that my DMD is okay, since the test pattern from th DDP1011 chip is solid. I am assuming that when you do the test patterns from the chip in service mode, that they are generating this signal from this specific chip, allowing you to troubleshoot the specific board. The odd thing is that the DNIe chip is on the digital board. The test pattern is okay on that as well. I believe that the DNIe chip is the last thing in line before the DMD board. Am I thinking this through correctly? Why would the On Screen menu still have the lines and distortion is the test patterns look good?

So what is you opinion of the bad component? Analog, Digital, or DMD Board in this system?

Thanks for looking,
Jason
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us