Basic cable run through hd tuner?

Username: Kokopoko

Post Number: 1
I have a Panasonic hdtv with the coax/cable connector ripped off. I have an hd tuner and hd antenna I have been using for years to get the over the air hd and regular channels.

I just went with the bundle deal at the local phone/isp/cable provider as it saves me money. So now I'm getting basic cable.

Can I take the cable from the basic cable connector on the wall, connect it to my hd tuner box and get basic cable channels to show up on the tv?

Thanks for helping as I'm confused.

Christine

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1553
Yes yo can
For sure yo'll get the analog channels
Maybe some of the digital channels if they are in clear.

Depending on your HD tuner and cable service, yo and your luck.
I would give it a try.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3565
Unless the HD tuner is made to receive cable channels, it won't work. You might get a few, the low channels that use the same band as OTA channels. Most cable channels use a different band than OTA channels, so a receiver made for OTA channels won't work. You can use a VCR or DVD recorder tuner though.

Username: Kokopoko

Post Number: 2
Well running basic cable through the hd tuner does not work. It couldn't find any channels. So I need to get something that will take in a coax cable and have outputs for the 3 color cable I'm using to go to the hdtv. I have no idea if anything like that is even made. Does anyone know?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3567
Use a VCR tuner and the RCA composite outputs. If you want to be able to use the component outputs, you can use a DVD recorder. Some DVD recorders even have HDMI and upconversion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us