Not getting Digital channels anymore- Comcast

Username: Strwberri

Martinez, CA

Post Number: 1
Hi- I'm hoping someone can help me. We have Comcast Digital Cable and all the sudden- just about all of our channels say-
This channel will be available shortly, please wait.

A comcast technician has come out and says that since the channels are converting to digital- for some reason we are only able to receive the analog channels. he said something about the wire being analog and needing an electrician. My husband says this guy is a quack and should have been able to fix it- why couldn't he put a new cable wire if that is the case. The TV and Cable in our bedroom works just fine.

Anyone have any idea what happen to our digital service all the sudden?

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this issue.

Roxy

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1562
Does this mean you have 2 digital boxes or just one?
Do you have HDTV with QAM tuner or regular TV.

Usually yo need one digital box for each digital reception.
If yo can provide more info maybe I can help.
It is true many cable companies changing to digital services but it is difficult to know what problem without knowing type of equipement do got.

Username: Strwberri

Martinez, CA

Post Number: 2
Hi, thanks for getting to me.

We have a regular TV and a digital cable box from Comcast. Everything was fine for the last two years, and now all of the sudden- we aren't getting the main channels.

Comcast is suppose to come back out Saturday evening- hopefully it will be a different guy and he will be able to fix it. If not- I may have to call Direct TV or something.

Roxy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us