Coby DVD-514 ss / GE xs Stereo commercial skip tv / Comcast Digital Cable

Username: Jerseygirl

Post Number: 1
I have literally spent over a week trying to get this DVD player up and running, and I am at my wits end. I am hoping someone here can help me.

I have an older GE xs stereo commercial skip tv that is connected to a Comcast digital cable box. The tv is controlled by the Comcast cable remote. Although I have the GE remote, I have not been able to get it to operate (yes, I changed the batteries, etc) the tv.

I have tried hooking up the Coby DVD player directly through the tv and through the cable box in every configuration I could think of. The Coby instruction manual does not address this situation, nor does the Comcast digital cable manual. I do not have the GE tv manual, but since DVD players were not common when I bought the tv, it probably does not address this issue either.

The Comcast Digital Cable box is a Motorola Model DCT700/US and has the following connections:

top row: L (white) Audio
bottom row: RF IN (the cable coming into the box), to TV/VCR (currently connected to the back of my tv), R (red) Audio, Video (yellow), +12 V DC (the power to the wall outlet)

The Coby DVD-514 ss DVD player has the following connections:

top: SL (white), FL (white), Cent (black), L-CH (white), P-scan (CO blue & CR red), Video (yellow)
bottom: SR (red), FR (red), SW (black), Optical (black), R-CH (red), P-scan (CO green), Coaxial (orange), S-video (5 or 6 prong black)

The GE xs stereo commercial skip TV has the following connections:

Video Input Right (yellow), Audio (red), L/Mono (white), Cable/Antenna (1 prong)

I am thinking that the 1 prong cable/antenna cable that is currently connecting my tv to my cable box needs some sort of adapter to connect the Male prong to the DVD S-Video plug that looks like this :_: except it has 3 holes on each side and not 2.

Any ideas? Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us