Reds too saturated when connecting using TV's S-Video input. Could the input be loose?

Username: Caxus

Post Number: 1
Hi, i've got a 27" sony trinitron that i bought about 5 or 6 years ago and recently i've noticed that when connecting using the s-video input the reds are way too saturated and things that should be yellow are now more darkish orange. Fleshtones look sunburnt.

The composite and coaxial connection look just fine and i've tried multiple output devices and s-video cables. The only common thread seems to be the actually female input on the television so i'm assuming its loose. It also seems to feel a bit on the loose side. The input has had a lot of wear and tear over the years from constantly plugging in and unplugging the s-video for different output devices.

Is this something that would probably be easily fixable by taking apart the TV and trying to fix the loose connection? Thanks.

Jim Lee
Unregistered guest
Actually, I think this may be an easy fix. You may have a simple cold solder joint; simply resolder the connectors' pins on the tuner assembly (I'll bet if you look closely at the solder pads you will actually see cracks in the connection).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us