Need help with a new Panasonic DMR-E80

Ron M
Unregistered guest
I am trying to set up my DVD recorder. I have gone from satelite output by s-video to AVR, then from AVR to DVD and the to TV, all by s-video. All I get is a blue screen. If I try setting up channels, it says it doesn't find any. I have also tried eliminating the AVR and going direct from satellite to DVD with the same results. What am I doing wrong?

Bronze Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 74
Panasonic probably can't 'tune' your satelite channels this way. Isn't the S-Video output only carrying the current channel selection?

Ron M
Unregistered guest
Thanks. I figured out the problem. After having a DVD player for so long, I forgot that the DVD recorder has to be on channel 3, just like the old VCR was. By the way, I couldn't find that in the manual, which is rerally pretty flimsy considering all of the capabilities of the unit.

Username: Haushoff

Miami, Fl Us

Post Number: 1
question?
I have a panasonic dvd recorder dmr E80h and I would like to back up some of my dvd collection using the record feature of this device. Is this possible and how ?

Username: Andyyanov

Post Number: 4
Hi!
About last question...
What do you want exactly? You want copy your DVD collection to videotapes or on another DVD? If so
I can help you with advice, the Dimax company sell device that call DVD Red Pro (read about it on www.dimax.com.ua). Device allow to copy your disks to DVD or videotapes and even to remove protection if it there is on some disks.
Hope it's help you.

Andy.

Username: Haushoff

Miami, Fl Us

Post Number: 2
THANKS ANDY
The info really helped me out. I went with an apex dvd player with the firmware upgrade which I thought was better for the price.

Username: Andyyanov

Post Number: 8
Hi!
Glad to hear it. Sometimes when I can help to other I am getting satisfaction. Write me if you
have questions. Will be glad to help you.

----------------------------------------
Andy.
No protection. No Macrovision.
Copy DVD disks to VHS (videotapes).
http://www.dimax.com.ua

Antuan
Unregistered guest
hi. tried some devices for copy dvd to dvd but has stopped on red pro (www.dimax.com.ua). It gives best result.
I think I helped you.
By.

Livio T
Unregistered guest
Antuan!
I want to say thank you.
Because I've read you advice and found in Inet info about DVD Red and DVD Red Pro from Dimax company. I've got it in a two week. And I am pleased, it work good as you described.
Thank you again
By.

Unregistered guest
Last Thursday I recorded the movie "Tremors" onto the HDD of my Panasonic DMR-E85H DVD Video Recorder from BBC1.
On Sunday evening I started to dub the above movie from the HDD to a Panasonic DVD-R Disc at Single Play.

On Monday morning I checked the transfer onto the DVD-R disc.
28 minutes into the movie on the DVD-R disc the picture freezes.
The picture remains frozen for 4/5 seconds.
It then continues at a point 4/5 seconds later in the movie.

I checked at the point the movie freezes and did a frame by frame advance.
At this frozen point there are frames from ITV1's "I'm A Celebrity- Get Me Out Of Here" which I had recorded earlier on Sunday evening onto the HDD from ITV1.

I then decided to check the version of the movie "Tremors" on the HDD.
At this same point in the movie (28 minutes in) it freezes, and if a frame by frame advance is applied again in "pause" mode, Ant & Dec can be clearly seen from "I'm A Celebrity..."

Somehow the movie on the HDD has frozen while dubbing across to disc and recorded a 4/5 clip from an earlier recording onto both the HDD and the DVD-R disc.
However this short clip of Ant and Dec will not play within the movie. The original movie (Tremors) simply freezes for 4/5 seconds and then picks itself up 4/5 seconds later. Ant and Dec can only be seen when doing the "frame by frame" advance.

This is now the 3rd occurrence of an incident like this.
At first I thought it was a freak incident. But now I am getting concerned.
On 2 other instances a couple of "pop" videos recorded from the BBC have frozen in similar manner in mid flow.
When checked using frame by frame advance there is another clip there for the frozen 4/5 seconds from a recording I had made earlier.

Any advice or technical help please on what may be the likely cause of this and how this can be rectified.

This is the second machine from Panansonic in less than 6 months (my original purchase was replaced by this, a re-conditioned unit, after only 5 weeks!).
It makes me very wary about the quality and reliability of this particular model. Is there anything I should be aware? Am I doing anything wrong?

Bronze Member
Username: Tonytiger

PA US

Post Number: 92
I'm running an E-80 and a E-40 and have not experienced any problem like this. Is it possible that the incoming signal is interrupted and the HDD doesn't record anything (hence, the image of the previous recording) at that spot? Are you using PAL/SECAM mode or NTSC?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us