Region 1 DVD Player and DVD, won't play

K McDowell
I have a KLH DVD player, bought in N.C., so it should be a region 1 player, however, several DVD's I've recently purchased will not play. I get an error indicating that the problem is due to the Region.

I'm not a technical person so if I purchase a DVD Player from a local store and buy a DVD at a local store, I assume that all is well. Any ideas on why I'm getting this error?

I've read several posts regarding region codes and now understand about them, but again if I buy local shouldn't everything work just fine?

I also can't find any information on KLH.

Well I've got the same problem. My disc is MIB II borrowed from my brother in law. It says Region 1 on the box and disc. My player is a Fisher which I picked up second hand at a pawn shop. Thing is it plays other recient disks OK.

This may be a "Sony Pictures" specific problem, where their disks are incompatible with older players. I saw another message somewhere else saying that their "Spiderman" disk (also Sony Pictures) was giving this same error.

JNish
My KLH KD-1220 won't play some DVD's either.....Grease and Old Skool to name a few

I need a cod for DVD KLH model KD 1220. This DVD player won´t play some DVD. Help me!

I from Brazil. Thank you very mucht.

sorry to say this but ALL and i mean ALL sony DVD players require a hardware upgrade to make them multi region
2nd .. are any of the disks, enhanced region coded?
this could be the problem... check the logo on the back of the player and the back of the disk to see if they match.. if they do... take the player back as it is faulty.. (pionear make a nice player but it to also needs a hardware upgrade to go multy region)

I bought a dvd KLH KD1220 and i don't know how to make it multiregion. I also want to know why it doesn't play some dvd's?Please answer me... I'm from Brazil and i need some help.Thanks

i need a code for klh 8350. i from brazil. please answe me.thanks!

Unregistered guest
I have a Pioneer DV-355. Is there a code that will unlock it to make it a multizone player?????

camilo fernandez
Unregistered guest
i need help with my dvd KLH KD-1220 . please i need the multiregion code
thanks

Unregistered guest
If you want to unlock your dvd player then you could do worse than go to www.dvdcodes.net, most codes are free. And they unlock panasonic, sony, technics, toshiba with chipped remotes and stuff.

well wortha look

Username: Emma11

Post Number: 1
My cyberhome dvd player is supposed to play all types of dvds, even copies. However I recently bought a region 1 dvd which doesn't work, due to a "regional code error". Does anyone one know what this means and what I should do?

Unregistered guest
Please , I've a KLh 1220 and I need the multi region code ...help me out guys

Unregistered guest
my KLH 1220 wont open or play any dvds

Unregistered guest
I NEED THE MULTI-REGION CODE FOR KLH 1220

Unregistered guest
i have a phillips 634 multi region dvd player and it wont play region 1 dvds what has happened? please could someone email me at n.eager@ntlworld.com

Unregistered guest
can someone help me how to unlock ( region free) my dvd Samsung dvd-s224??
thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
can someone help me how to unlock ( region free) my dvd SONY F5 (portable) and SONY S725D?
thanks in advance

Anonymous

hi I borrowed my best friend dvd and i cant get it out of my dvd player cuzz it wont open.Can someone please help me i have to get it out

Unregistered guest
I'm reading everyones postings after having bought a klh 1220 player. I had it for 6 months used it 4 times and one day it won't open or play my dvd's. I was so upset because I bought it at a price that I thought was a deal and could not get it open. My roomate took it apart so I could at least get my dvd back. I threw it out. From reading eveyones postings, it seem that there was a way to unlock it. I read my user guide and it didnt mention anyhing of the sort in there. Please respond!

Anonymous

It seems that some DVDs can now detect multiregion DVD players, and refuse to play (complete with a message about purchasing a legal, non-modified Region 1 DVD player). "The Medallion" Region 1, case in point. Does anyone have any workarounds? (Besides Kazaa, that is...3 hrs up, 8 hrs to go...)

Unregistered guest
my daughters had put a code on my rating for movies an now unable to watch any movies on my dvd player please help if you can. on my khl dvd player ah7000 model

Username: Mondeo33

R, E D

Post Number: 1
Hi guys and gals
I have a program that, once installed and running, will disable region restrictions and enable you to play any region DVD on all PC DVD systems.

Unregistered guest
Sirs,

I need to know how I can unlock the code for area 1 (US) from my DVD player. I bought it in US and as I live in Brazil, I'd like to watch DVDs from my region (4). Is there any code that I can program with the remote control to set it up? The DVD player brand and model is: Sony DVP-NS315.
Thanks for your support.

Nelson.

Username: Yoshizulema

Post Number: 2
I own a Pioneer DV-355. Is there a way to unlock it to make it a multizone dvd player??

Unregistered guest
IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO MULTY REGION A SONY DVD PLAYER
MODEL NO DAV S500
COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME

THANK YOU

ryan_____
Unregistered guest
use a search engine such as google, type in your dvd player model and brand followed by "codes" and you should get up hundreds of pages with the unlock codes. some players require a pda unit to install the codes...
good luck

Unregistered guest
I have a region 1 DVD but cannot play it. My Player is Xenius DVDX1030

Louisa...
Unregistered guest
I have a KLH Model #KD-1220 DVD Player and it won't read my movies. It's region 1 and it shows the LOADING... sign but it stays like that for ages! Does anyone know what to do with this problem? Thank you

Anonymous

I HAVE PROBLEM WITH MY DVD PLAYER IT WILL NOT SHOW ANY MOVIE.WHEN I PUT AND MOVIE IN AN PRESS PLAY ALL IT DO IS MAKE A CLICK NOISE.I HAVE AN EMERSON DO YOU KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THIS PROBLEM?

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 21
Open it up and see if the disc spins, if not give it a spin by hand, if it starts spinning it is the motor.

Unregistered guest
i have a jvc -xv-s42sl (dvd)
and i wont to change my region code ..
1) how do i this..?
2) do i need some kind of a "code" to work this probmlem...?
thank you...

Unregistered guest
I'm looking for a multizone unlock code for a Mustek V56L-5e . If anyone is able to assist I'd appreciate it. Thanks

John Kimble
Unregistered guest
I have a samsung DVD-V3650
im not sure if its multiregion or what?
im clueless.
could someone please help me out?

Unregistered guest
Anyone help, I need multi-region code for Pioneer
DVL 919e Laser disk player

Unregistered guest
Hi, there's a film called "The Outsiders" (1983) and it has been deleted in the UK. I can get it all over the Internet for Region 1 but for obvious reasons I can't get it on Region 2. Could anyone give me a code for a PHILLIPS DVD 625 so I can watch a Region 1 dvd on my player?!
Thanks

Unregistered guest
My DVD player won't play any of my DVDs (it was and it has just stopped). I says "Disc Error" and that my DVD is not the right kind to play in the machine (but it did play it last week)...Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the DVD player?

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
What brand is it? How old is it?

Unregistered guest
Sylvania...I got it at Christmas...so 9 months old...it is a DVD/VCR combo

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
You could try a lens cleaner, or you can open it and lightly clean the lens with a q-tip wet with alcohol, though it shouldn't need it after 9 months. Combo units aren't very good quality, Sylvania is Philips which makes some pretty unreliable equipment. May just be defective.

Sandy O'Keefe
Unregistered guest
Can anyone please supply the multizone code for an AKAI DV-P3410 DVD player?

Unregistered guest
Can someone to help me with region free code for a DVD Player KLH Kd-1220.Now works only with region 1.Please and thanks in advance

KellyP
Unregistered guest
Emily - Sounds like you have the same problem that I do. We also bought a DVD/VCR combo for Christmas (Philips) and it has just decided to stop working too. I can hear it trying to load before we get the disc error message. We don't use the DVD function that often (maybe 2x/week or so, over the last 9 months). I also had a cheap GoVideo DVD player that we bought Christmas 2002 and that one didn't last a year either (and we hardly used it at all)! I figured the Philips model was an upgrade, and at the time it had decent reviews. We will try the lens cleaner and if that doesn't work my husband will pull it apart to clean it. We'll post back if it starts working again. If not, I'm sure it's not worth the cost of repair. Might as well buy another cheapo if I'm going to have to replace them every year.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us