Picture-in-picture not working...

Username: Freebass55

Post Number: 1
First let me start off by saying, this is the first time I have even tried to set anything up on a t.v. Usually I just plug in and watch. Now that that's done...

I have a Samsung HLR5067W, and use Cox Communication's Motorola HD DVR cable box to connect to the t.v. I cannot get the PIP to work. I called Cox and they said that it should work by just pressing the on/off button on the bottom of the remote. No extra cables needed. It should work with the one input from the DVR. Well, obviously that doesn't work, and they want to send out a technician.

So I tried it a different way. I put a splitter on the coax coming in and set it up so I have one coax going into the t.v. while the other goes to the DVR and then the t.v. That kinda works but I am not able to control each picture and switch between the two.

How can I get this to work? Is the T.V. causing interference on the cable box, and not allowing the box to use the PIP? I am very confused. I was always under the impression this was an easy setup. Any info you guys could give would be great. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Username: Jccovey

Post Number: 1
Did you ever get picture-in-picture working since these last posts in July?

Bronze Member
Username: Imjross

NJ USA

Post Number: 22
Dave Suarez
1st ...your model MUST have dual tuners.
2nd...PIP needs cable direct....NO CABLE BOX
Every cable box puts out only ONE channel at a time.
You could use a VCR for an alternate signal but that is a LITTLE confusing to hook up....jr
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us