Using VCR to change channels?

Username: Ganjax

Post Number: 1
Okay, so here's my problem. Recently while rearranging my room my TV's coax receiver broke from inside the TV. I don't know how to take apart the TV, although I am sure it wouldn't be hard to take the front off and remove the screen and maybe fix it that way but my girlfriend insists it will only further mess the TV up. The RCA receivers work just fine and I have a broksonic dvcr-810 series B dvd/vcr combo I wanted to bypass the coax receiver by using the vcr's coax input and running the rca cables to the tv. All I get when I change the channels on the vcr is a blue screen, showing me the channels in the right upper corner. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Skeeterhead

Post Number: 13
Do you have cable tv (presumably previously connected to your tv) connected to your VCR?

Post Number: 2
Yes, I have basic cable. It was originally connected to the TV directly. Now I have it connected via the input (or antenna) f-coax coax in the VCR

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
If it's basic cable and did not require a box, you should be getting a picture. Make certain you are using the VCR's out (RCA) jacks and the tv's in jacks. Check to see if you must program the channels on your VCR tuner.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Also, try playing a tape to verify correct connections from VCR to tv.

Post Number: 3
The connections are correct, but I'm not sure how to program the channels... and it could be a big problem, as I don't have the original remote and can't seem to find a manual online anywhere. I may just be out of luck :-(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Did you "google" your brand name? If no luck and you can't do it with the panel controls, you could probably find a cheap VCR somewhere. Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

Post Number: 4
Yeah, I did try to google it, it's a broksonic.. they do have a website, but the support page is only to send an email, I think I'll try that and see if there is a way of doing it with the panel. Thanks for the help anyway though!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us