Mitsubishi WS-55805 won't adjust picture

Username: Alchemist

CA United States

Post Number: 1
I have a WS-55805 which won't adjust picture controls such as convergence, contrast, or even the volume. Everything seems to work, I can navigate around with the remote and change settings, but they don't actually *do* anything.

Here's how I got to this point:
Picture went dead after an unusually long session. Based on info gleaned from forums, I checked for tube leakage and replaced the convergence amps. Although not immediately apparent, I did notice some oily residue from a coolant leak and found an open trace. I repaired the trace and reinstalled. The TV then lit up, though the convergence was way off, and smoke started eminating from the resistors on the output of the amps. I swapped the original amps in, and everything seemed fine - picture on, no smoke. But I had no luck trying to adjust the convergence. I tried the course convergence in the service menu, but still no change. I can change the numbers and they stay changed, but there is no impact on the picture. Then I noticed other controls like contrast and volume are similarly broken: I can move the sliders, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us