Is there any method, any software that can salvage un-finalized DVDs?

Username: Videoplaza

Post Number: 1
I was in the process of finalizing a huge stack of DVDs that had been recorded on a Go Video VR4940, when it suddenly stopped reading discs. It used to function perfectly, recording DVDs, and playing homemade and commercial DVDs, and there was never a problem finalizing a disc. Now, it makes no sense to pay $175 to have the machine fixed (if it can be fixed that cheaply), but these discs are not recognized by any other machine or pc. Is there any way, software or otherwise, of getting a pc or another DVD recorder to finalize these discs? Or am I now the proud owner of a huge pile of coasters?

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2019
I use the same recorder,have not had any problem with mine .[thank god] I love the machine.I always finalze any disc soon as its done recording.I have screwed up a few discs wile finalizing ,loosing the disc info ,[same as you ]and just about tried everthing to finalize them with no luck either.I think you now are sol.

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 2020
Sorry ,mine is 6540 go video.

Username: Videoplaza

Post Number: 2
No way around it, so I bought a used 3940. I'm sure it would take no time at all to repair my 4940, but my only repair options are rip-offs. Some software developer will find a way to finalize on the PC, and he/she will make a fortune.
I loved my 4940, too, until it decided to go on strike. But I must say that Panasonic has some excellent machines. I'm now using a Panasonic DMR-ES46, and it's magic. Also not that expensive, if you shop eBay, which I do. Thanks for your reply.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us