Cablevision/Panasonic A Few Questions ...

Username: Zerkon

Post Number: 1
I got a Panasonic TX50PX60U a few weeks ago for $1599, & have Cablevision.
Here are 4 questions, if anyone can help it would be appreciated:

A) - I have the SA HD box (4250 I believe) with the IO remote hooked up w/ HDMI cable.
I happen to have an "extra" iO remote, looks identical but was for the similar "non-HD" box .. It doesn't control the new box - Does anyone have the code & key sequence to reprogram this for the newer box ... I only can find info on how to re-program the "TV" key, not the cable key ....

B)- The TV screen's "native" resolution is 720p, & I notice from the box display some channels are broadcast in 720p , such as ABC & Fox, & some in 1080i, such as CBS/NBC.
I know I can box select "Upconvert-2" & it will convert all to 720p before sending it to the TV, but I trust the Panasonic convert algoythms more so than what may be going on in the CableVision box, so I have it set to send all signals in their unconverted state to the TV, & let the TV do any 1080/720 converting ... Anyone aware of any advantage or reason to use "Upconvert-2" & let the box do it instead?? ...

C) - I like using the Panasonic's "Just" aspect mode to widen 4:3 to fill the screen, but I can ony do this on an HD channel showing a 4:3 picture, since all the "regular" non-hd channels default to the Cable box's "stretch" mode & already fill the screen..
I recall "shutting off" the auto HDMI/DVI in the cable box, & being able to manually use the TV's aspect modes, but this caused every channel to need to be aspect set individually, & reset when turning the TV back on and/or switching stations, so I am living with the box's auto stretch / hdmi signals as the lesser of 2 evils .. any thoughts???

D) - Anyone know of any upcomming HD channel additions in the near future ...??
Thanks in advance!! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us