Solid lock-up on DMR-E85H

Username: M_zenner

CA

Post Number: 1
Any help would be appreciated.

Record late show last night on 61 (sci-fi), but this morning, only the channel displayed, and can't access any other commands, other than power off, which it doesn't.

Did the holding down power button on unit for the 10 seconds, does the self-check, but still ignores remote, other than power.

Tried to determine if hard drive is dead, but when I switched to a DVD-RAM I had, it's stuck looking for a disk, after I removed it from the drive, and fails to switch back to the hard drive.

I have no back-up unit, to switch hard drives, other than try it on a PC.

Any ideas what I can do?

Silver Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 272
Somewhere at home I have all the reset procedures for this unit. I will try to find them and post back an alternative to holding down the power button. IIRC, there is one where you hold the eject disc buitton and the power button at the same time, you might try this for now.

xvxvxvx

Username: Fondren

Shady Shores, Tx Usa

Post Number: 6
I also have a DMR E85H and mine also locked up last night. It says "Please Wait", and I have tried to turn it off using the power button for 10 sec. and also tried to unplug and let set for a while. No luck. Still come back up with same message. I don't hear the hard drive running, but I don't know if I could have heard it before. I have had really good service from this unit until now. Any help on how to clear up this problem would be appreciated. Does anyone have the master reset sequence?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us