Need Help with DVD Setup

Username: Forza

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony RDR-GX7 DVD Recorder and a Sony 30" 16:9 XBR HDTV. Everything is hooked together using Monster3 component cables for the video and digital coaxial for the sound.

Whenever I play certain DVD's of TV shows (e.g., "The X-Files" and "Star Trek TNG"), I get visual artifacts when switching between scenes. These artifacts show up regardless of whether I have the progressive scan mode turned on or off, and regardless of whether I have the TV mode set to "Progressive" "Interlaced" or "Cinemotion". I have also tried a RCA and S-video cable, but the artifacts remain.

Curiously, the artifacts are NOT present when I play the discs on my PS2, however. All other DVD's (of films & other TV shows) play without a problem.

Why can't I set the RDR-GX7 to interlaced mode and achieve the same results I did with the PS2? The RDR-GX7 is the better player when I can use its progressive scan technology, but--with some discs--it produces artifacts the PS2 does not, regardless of all the settings I have tried.

Any advice?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us