New to Flat Panels! Help Please

Username: Getyaweigtup

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1
Im looking to buy a plasma or LCD in the next few weeks and this is my first one. Im Curious as to which I should get and if buying a brand name like Sony or Panasonic is important, because I've seen a company called Vizio has better prices. Is the name brand stuff a better deal or does it really matter? What is the best contrast ratio I should be looking for. I've seen numbers as low as 800:1 and as high as 20,000:1. I know higher is better but Im not looking to spend more then $1200. I've seen a lot of decent deals online for 800-1000. I'm lookin 32 or 37in. Im a big bargain type of guy so could someone help me to understand what they bargain would be in terms of size, picture quality, and low prices. Is buying online better then buying in the stores? Whats the best way for me to go?

Anyone with any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 111
Check out CNET.com for reviews before you plunk down your money. Consumer Reports can also be helpful. Be careful about the advice you receive in treads like this one. Many contributors (including myself) have personal biases regarding equipment. Mine is Samsung. Those units have a history of poor reliability.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us