Samsung 50" DLP popping sound issue

Username: Pos109

Post Number: 1
I have an HL-S5086W which has performed great for the past four months, but has recently had a sound issue. When watching the tv, there is a constant popping/crackling sound that happens every few seconds. It sounds exactly like the static shock you get when you touch a door knob. Anyone have this issue or know of a solution?

Username: Chichol

Cape Coral, FL USA

Post Number: 2
Mine does a beeping sound, but I'm not able to turn it on. Sorry I can't help you, just wanted to let you know there are some in worst shape. Hope some one can give you a good advice that can help me too.

Username: Mark069

Post Number: 1
I have had an occasional popping or cracking noise from my Samsung DLP since I got it. It happens a lot less frequently than every few seconds though - more like once every 30 minutes to an hour. It also continues to happen AFTER the TV has been shut off - I hear it when I go to sleep....

Username: Sjones1

Post Number: 8
Volney,

Check your manual for troubleshooting, but the beep sound and no picture sounds like an lamp issue.

http://www.discount-merchant.com/Samsung-HLM437W1X-OEM-Replacement-LAMP-BULB-p/s amsung-bp96-00826a-lamp.htm&Click=1466

$129.99 (Can't beat that...I looked:-)

S. Jones (I'm on a hot streak!)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us