Weak Lamp = No Audio/Video?

Username: Sarosh

Post Number: 4
Hi!

Just replaced the lamp on my HLP6163W worked great for 15 days and then suddenly while watching cable the picture went black. Cannot get even get the TV's menu displayed on the screen. I can see that the lamp is on from the back of the TV.

Hence my question. If the lamp is weak will it result in No Audio/Video and no Menu?

One more thing when I turn off the TV I hear audio for a fraction of a second.

Can someone please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Sarosh

Bronze Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 27
Sarosh,
It sounds like the lamp may have blown or your ballast may be bad... Do you still get audio?

Where did you buy your lamp from? Was it a reliable source?

Post Number: 5
Hi!

I get no Audio no Video and no Menu.

I did buy the lamp from a local Samsung Authozied repair shop.

Sarosh

Bronze Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 31
Have you tried re-seating the lamp...Some times the connector doesnt fully make a connection. Also try reopening the cover and putting it back, maybe the sensor for the lamp cover is not fully pressed in... Let me know what happens.

I've personally have had very good experience from discount merchant.. here is a link to your exact lamp replacement:
Discount-Merchant

They will ship you a newer lamp with ventalation that last longer and an adapter to fit your set. Just pick your enclosure in the drop down menu and they'll ship you the right lamp.. It's only $129!

How much did you pay for your lamp? And does it say philips on it? I know the generics have a higher chance of failure right out of the factory. The problem sounds like you bought a faulty bulb.

Post Number: 6
Hi!

Yes, I tried re-seating the lamp but no luck and yes it is a philips lamp.

I do see it turn on (bright) from the back when I turn the TV on.

My question is if it is a faulty lamp I would not get Video/Menu but I should still get at least the Audio correct?

Sarosh

Username: Omegadealer

Post Number: 6
sounds like a bad lamp...like ovadoggvo suggests, I think you need a new lamp.

Username: Rashov

Post Number: 1
Try to get a lamp of an Original brand like Philips. There are many vendors selling lamps of original brands. I have found some vendor's links.Hope it will be helpful for you.
Best Of Luck!
Original Branded projection Tv Lamps
Projection Tv Replacement Lapms Updates

Username: Anjle

Video can be a lamp related consideration but i do not think so that audio has any concerned with it. might be a possibility. To have a new lamp, I could recommend you some sites.
Hope you will get your problem solved.

Projection Tv replacement Lamps

Username: Donalld

Post Number: 3
Is your lamp fixed correctly? check it out. Is it of original Philips brand because most of the vendors are selling their products with the name of Philips brand but they are not originals.It might solve your problem.
Replacement Lamps for Projection Tv Sets

Username: Rashov

I definitely sound like you have a problem with the lamp. Try to take out the lamp and reseat it...it just might have a bad connection or the sensor on the lamp door might not be activated all the time. Did the TV fail all of a sudden or gradually over time? Is the TV set somewhere very dusty or somewhere not very well ventilated?

You might have lemon or you've just not taking care of the TV. I ran across this page that has a lot of good tips, take a good at:

Lamp Replacement guide

Username: Swidd

Post Number: 1
Get a new lamp.

Try this Lamp AA47-10001B.
Its of $109.99.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us