Cable company put a fliter on my line

Username: Edouble

Post Number: 1
A few weeks ago we switched over to DP 500 dish systmem, but still have the basic cable running on a different line in the house, even after I turned off the subcription and returned the boxes.

To my delight I come hom tody and cablevision stopped by and climbed up on the tree. Since we werent home they accesed the pole from my neighbors house. They put this filter looking thing that I cant unscrew, for obvious reasons. The bottom of the thing has a coaxial in that I tried screwing the cable into but it was a no go.

So my question is, is there any way to take this lovely thing off. Baseball season is coming up and the Mets arent available on my dish.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 868
They do have the right it is their Utility line

Coaxial Security
They come in different sizes
Sold on e-bay and many other on line stores
But that is pirate

Post Number: 2
Okay here's an update I did some more searching and read about a 7/16 hex tool. I went to my local Home Depot, they had this screw driver tool, so I picked it dam thing didnt work.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated but it seems like my best bet would be getting a pair of vise grips, but not sure how many more times I can get away without my neightbors noticing.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 941
Is it a ground Utility or pole Utility?

In my home town is $5000 fine if you get caught

Post Number: 3
Its a pole, it happens to be on my property so the few times I did go up I put my extension ladder up, but later on as it was getting dark.

Username: Installguy76

Minneapolis, MN USA

Post Number: 1
The pole may be within your property.....but with easement rights you do not own that section of property. Just watch out for neighbors....they love to call in on peopel that climb the poles.

Bronze Member
Username: Angelo921

Post Number: 36
Actually today I downgraded my cable service from Premium to the very basic cable which is just my local channels. The tech came out and took the filter off the box that is located on the wall in my back yard and replaced it with a different one. He let me keep the old filter. I also kept my DVR/HD service and still have the box for that. My question is, what does that filter that he put on for? What would happen if I took it off or even put the old one back on? Would I get all the channels I had before back?

thanks
Angelo

Bronze Member
Username: Redneck_mud_runner

Shelton, WA Mason

Post Number: 33
Here is a great idea! If you want cable, pick up your phone and call in and pay for it, like we all do, if there wernt so many people stealing it, it might be a little cheaper. But if you still dont want to, then go ahead and keep tapping in, it is always fun to cut an illegal drop and see the people looking out of the window at us, or sometimes you can even hear the static as the tv loses signal.

Have fun while you can, analog cable is on it's last leg.

Bronze Member
Username: Angelo921

Post Number: 37
Relax, Im not going to do it. I was just curious as to what the filter exactly did.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us