HELP ME CHOOSE NEW HDTV SET PLS?

Username: Technochallenged

Buffalo, NY USA

Post Number: 1
im looking for a new hdtv and kinda overwhelmed.
would like to find a balance tho between what i need & what i can afford yet remain somewhat futureproof for the next 5 yrs.
the issue im grappling with is about 1080p. Likely will get a bluray and/or HD game console in the not too distant future and im having a hard time distinguishing both the features and the relative merits, if any, between "true1080p" and upconverted. I think I want a true 1080p that will also support 1080p devices. Any reason not to?
Kinda lost too as far as relative merits of LCD, Plasma, LCoS and rear projection. Rear projection would be great for my budget and I have the room for it but the not-so-recent reviews I see say its not good at anything other than a straight ahead viewing angle level with the screen.
Any ideas?
:-)
THX!
MIKE

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 863
First choice will be a good brand name
Like Panasonic or Sharp proven best sellers

Second
Get a TV that has at least 2 HDMI inputs if you will add a play station or HDdvd player

Third
Never buy Large flat screen HDTV on line

Finally
Shop around and ask questions

Username: Obsidianbrix

Post Number: 3
My experience has been a bit different.

It's probably a good idea to stay away from the "never heard of 'em" brands, but the best selling doesn't always mean the best choice. In the past year or so (after lots of comparisons in different stores) I've bought 2 HD-LCDTVs a 26" Samsung and a 40" Viewsonic....their respective pictures are excellent in HD.

Neither set has dead pixels or mystery lines or blooming and both were purchased online at low prices with the warranty intact.

The Samsung arrived without a visible tear or rip in the outer packaging, and the Viewsonic had about one inch of one corner of the outer box torn, but the contents were pristine on both.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us