Samsung DLP HL-P5663W

Username: Rdb999

Post Number: 1
Hoping someone can help me diagnose what the issue I'm having is. When turning on the set, it plays the power-on noise, I hear the fans spin up, but then I hear a loud "buzzing noise" for maybe 1 second. About 10-15 seconds later, the buzzing noise repeats. Total of three times before powering down and flashing the three lights on front. At no time does screen come on - it is simply three sets of buzzing and waiting and then powering down.

Do you think it is just the bulb or could it be ballast or other?

Any help insight would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Ross

Bronze Member
Username: Mrage

Post Number: 39
it could be a color wheel, if you find out that it is i have a brand new one ill sell you for cheep let me know.

Username: Sjones1

Post Number: 9
Ross,

Sounds like you should first check the colorwheel and see if there is any play...the loud noise is probably the color wheel.

I'm curious though if you have two problems...A bad lamp (blinking lights and no display) and a defective color wheel (loud whining noise).

Per others on the board, Samsungparts.com has the best price on the color wheel and discount-merchant.com has the best price on the lamps

http://www.discount-merchant.com/Samsung-HLM437W1X-OEM-Replacement-LAMP-BULB-p/s amsung-bp96-00826a-lamp.htm&Click=1466

Good luck.

S.Jones
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us