Samsung vs Sony

Username: Deekay

Post Number: 2
Hello All,

I<m in the process of buying an LCS 40 inch HDTV, what I am looking for is a 1080P, I came up with 2 models the first being the Sony KDL40V2500 and the other the Samsung LNS4095.

the thing is I can get the Samsung for 1988$ and the Sony is 2499$ (here in Canada), What i wonder about is if these 2 a comparable products and if these are good products...

here are the links for both

thanks for your help on this

Derek

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&cata logId=10001&langId=-1&productId=1003066

http://www.samsung.com/cp/products/tv/lcd/lns4095dxxaa.asp?page=Specifications

Bronze Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 56
You can buy the Sony Bravia KDL40XBR2 for the price of the 40V2500. Better picture. Check reviews on CNET, Consumer Reports and any number of other sources. Stay away from Samsung unless you consider it a disposable product.

Username: Ned

Port moody, Bc Canada

Post Number: 2
I have the same issues . Hard time trying to decide between the 52 Sony Lcd and the 52 Samsung Lcd in 1080. P . Please convince me that the Sansung is no good despite the price difference
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 796
Both over priced and break more often
Get a Sharp or Panasonic

And never buy large HDTV online
Read my thread about HD
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/330353.html
King

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
King, other than the obvious problems associated with returns, what is your opposition to purchasing large HDTVs online? Also, please define "large".

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 840
UPS and FedEx brutal large packages during logistic transitions.
It goes on 5 mile belts
They Take 3 to 5 feet drops average 20 to 30 beatings per one day of transportation.

So my sensitive HDTV is not designed to sustain these drops. I like to handle Large flat screen TV with extreme care.
Marked Fragile don't mean anything, no one looks at it.

If you buy it from a store chances it was transported by trucks.
If you find UPS or FedEx label don't go for it.
This is my personal experience you don't have to agree with it. I ship thousands of products nationwide I'll never ship someone a TV set.

Maybe this got to do with Sony's repair problems.???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
Got your Sony dig in, huh. This is very troubling information. Isn't most of this stuff transported by some trucking company, either to the retailer or directly to the consumer? Frequently, the retailers don't have the means of transport on the boxes. How can the consumer really protect him/herself? Are you saying that if UPS or FEDX are the designated transports, don't buy it?

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 850
Every smart retailer I know around NYC area won't even think about FedEx or UPS or even DHL. That is why they say one to two weeks. For a smaller retailer, just hope for the best.
Experience... JBJ... Trucks and Vans...JBJ

Why do you argue with me?
Talk to a retailer, ask for yourself!
Maybe I'm still biased!!!
You don't have to trust me!!!

I'm 44, how old are you anyway?
Let me guess at best 22
What do you know about logistic transportations?
Have you been a business man or looking to become one?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
My age is irrelevant. Whose arguing you dope? I just asked an intelligent question based on your earlier post. My fault: should have not expected an intelligent answer from the King.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 854
Yea
Not understanding what I said is even more intelligent
Now that makes perfect sense "yo R a kid"
Yo wanted to buy an HDTV of the internet to save few bucks.
Go ahead hope to get a lemmon.
Yo can make an ice cold lemonade that yo perhaps drink.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Understanding what you said is the problem. Expressing yourself in clear, unambiguous language is obviously not your forte. Don't blame the reader if the author is unintelligible. At least Massey's statements are clear. Yours...well let's just say, an interpreter might be of some use. Long live the King who speaks with fork tongue.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 862
I am English kid
1:57PM Is that what time School out today?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
"I am English kid
1:57PM Is that what time School out today?"
Translate please.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 872
Kid... I am English
Just like it sounds
I'm from NY

Your school out at the time of your previous post
Listen U got to stop bugging me
I won't respond to your childish questions anymore
They do have other X-box and teenager forums

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
King, like even the most depicable human being, I am sure you have at least one redeeming quality not including intelligence or insight. And that's all I got to say about that. Dummy.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 880
depicable? Is this Irish?

I never said I was smarter than anyone here
This thread is about Sony Vs Samsung and enough is enough

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 132
Another hunk of problematic misleading garbage from the king of it all. How do you manage to get yourself into this stuff over and over?

Your comments about shipping are completely ridiculous. I bought my plasma online and it was shipped from Washington near Seattly, same as the thousand other shipments of large displays from there each week. It wasn't dropped thirty feet. Ridiculous. All online retailers would be out of business if breakage of displays occurred with any regularity, and the shippers would have a tremendous financial loss on their hands as these are usually fully insured.

By the way, how do you think displays get to stores anyway when they hit the docks on the West Coast to start with?

Plain dumb...again.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 906
I post simple honest unbiased opinions.
Have you ever been in a UPS facility to see how they handle packages on a daily basis?

There is no need to insult people that post their opinions you are entitled to express yours.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 134
Usually no--but you are a special case. You dump inaccurate information in large spades and then insult people when they disagree. Repetitively. You seem unable to learn to play nice and really should basically go away. I have told you before not to insult people and pretend you know things that you have no clue about, but you havent learned. So address facts with facts. Don't try taking any high road that you cannot legitametely travel.

Silver Member

New York, NY

Post Number: 933
This is an open forum
What can I say? if you don't like my service don't pay for it.

Do yourself a favor when you see my name up there just ignoor it, pretend that I'm not there.
Cuz this exactly what I'm going to do. I don't bash pal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Marc, thank you very much. Glad I'm not the only one who notices King of the Bull.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us