DIV-X

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2061
Just wondering, do DVD players play Div-X movies? IF so, would it work to burn a CD or would I have to have a DVD burner?

Bronze Member
Username: Idrivearocket

Post Number: 49
Some DVD players do play Divx movies (according to the manual), but I'm not sure how that works. I'm going to try it sometime soon. Let me know if you find a way to do it...

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2063
I download divx movies,but I don't think my cheap sanyo will play them, especially if they're not burned to a DVD. I'll be getting a DVD burner later and will have to try it then.

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 169
Do DVD players play Div-X movies?

If Your dvd player is equipped or under ur manual if it mentions dvd-x playback, then for sure it will.. Bascially,if ur dvdplayer plays formats like a DVD data disc, then u won't have a problem when it comes to a div-x format, coz it will play..

IF so, would it work to burn a CD or would I have to have a DVD burner?

If the movie your going to burn is within the 700mb capacity or in somecases 800-900mb dics then u can burn that particular movie on a standard disc..
If the capacity of the movie is more then required on a blank disc, then u would be required to burn it on a dvd+r/-r whichever ur dvd-burner supports, or both if it does support..

You can convert the divx-x file(movie) u have on to a DVD-movie, but will take, depending on your p.c, specs.. usually about a hour or so..
It will transcode audio/video to a vob, file(dvd-videoMPEG 2) format and can then watch it on your dvd player as a standard dvd movie...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us