Problems with 42' Panasonic Plasma TV

Username: Bking_27

Post Number: 1
I had this TV for about 3 months now and everything was fine. Now all the sudden when I go to turn it on, it makes the clicking sound like it usually does when it turns on, but it shuts right down and clicks to turn on again.,It varies but it does this for about 5-20 times sometimes before it starts.,anyone know anything about this or seen this before? any help would be appreciated.,

PANASONIC 42' PLASMA TH-42PA60L

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 130
I am not familiar with that particular model number. HOWVER, the sixth generation panasonics had a part ( about 25 cents, that caused a shutdown issue due to the part ( i think it was a cpacitor) not quite being up to snuff to avoid the auto protect shutdown feature. It apparently isnt a big deal to replace that part, but it does involve opening the back and finding your way around circuit boards.

I think when this came up 3 years ago or so, there were actual pics on avsforum.com pn how to fix. try searching their for panasonic shutdown problem or the like in the archives.

That was the only year for that problem. Previous moels and newer dont do that for this reason.

We are coming up on tenth genration releases FYI.

Username: Neild

I have the same problem. Now it won't turn on at all. Mine is a Panasonic TH-42PD50U. Nothing like paying a couple grand for 15 months of TV. Marc- Do you know where I can get the part in Houston? Thanks.

Username: That_boy_eyght

Neil, mine is the same way. It won't even come on anymore either. Except my TV is one of the discontinued 26 inch models. I'd like some information as well.

Silver Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 208
Guys, take or send them back before your warranty expires.

Post Number: 2
too late. I bought mine 2 years ago.

Username: Neild

Post Number: 2
I think I found the problem. Maids! The power connection to the TV isn't very snug to begin with. The maids must have moved the TV while dusting and loosened it up. I new it had to be that connection when I lifted one side of the TV and it started clicking. Hope that helps.

Post Number: 3
my tv hasn't moved. I just turned it on, it did it's usualy 5 clicks before it turns on, did and extra click, cut right back off and hasn't been on since. And mine is a 26 inch CRT so I really don't know what the deal is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us