Mitsubishi ws-65905......... coolant leak, now no picture

Username: Danielwilcox

Post Number: 1
I have a mitsubishi ws-65905 that recently had a coolant leak, which i found when the tv would not power up.
I cleaned up the coolant and dried it with contact cleaner, and it finally powered up. There is audio, but no picture. I hear a faint buzz then click coming from the right circuit board (if you're looking at the rear of the set). It's the side with the power supply. The noise is very quiet, and continues in 1 or 2 second intervals. I did check the voltage in some areas, along with all the circuit protectors. The protectors were all good.
The voltage did turn on and off with the click in the areas that i checked, which would be the circuit protectors that are tied into resistors near a small transformer, and also going to a single red wire that comes out of a small upright card with a few capacitors and 2 transistors on heat sinks attached to it.

anyone have a good place to start with this? I just changed the convergence chips and i dont want to ditch the tv. I have decent soldering/unsoldering skills.

Thanks in advance
Dan

Bronze Member
Username: Maugli

USA

Post Number: 15
Have you every got anywhere with it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us