New plasma

Username: Iamthedream

Post Number: 1
I purchased a new panasonic TH-42PX600U 42"and i haven't plugged it in yet. I Hear alot about the breakin period and image retention. I'm scared because i'm not up to date on the care facts and how things should be handled. Anyone with any facts, suggestion, knowledge.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 726
It is a great TV
I got the same I love it
It should be straight plug in
Get a good wall bracket
check www-ecost-com

Username: Iamthedream

Post Number: 2
I purchased a new panasonic TH-42PX600U 42"and i haven't plugged it in yet. I Hear alot about the breakin period and image retention. I'm scared because i'm not up to date on the care facts and how things should be handled. Anyone with any facts, suggestion, knowledge

Bronze Member
Username: Idrivearocket

Post Number: 48
Tony,
Turn the brightness down a little, and watch various types of shows. Don't get too paranoid about changing the channel if there are static images, but you should also make sure you don't keep static images for over 1 hour. Don't play video games for over 1 hour at a time without watching other stuff in between.

Do this kind of thing for the first 100-200 hours of life and you may improve the TV's resistence to burn in.

Plug it in and turn it on because it's a great TV and it's time to start enjoying the superior image that plasma tv's display.

Bronze Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 42
If you bought a new tv and are afraid to plug it in, you have issues that are well beyond the contributors to this forum.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 131
For whatever reason, the initial 100 hours of use in Panasonic plasmas is a time of proness to image retention.

Avoid black bars for the first 100 hours and no static images. Other than that, you are good to go.

You should calibrate your display using AVIA or Digital Video Essentials hwoever. Most displays have the picture control up too high out of the box and you need to calibrate to get an optimal pic anyway; this has nothing to do with burn in however.

I have had mine for over 4 years and have never had any problem at all, even having moved the display myself ( meaning across the city). SAve the original ineer and outer boxes!

Have fun and use the thing-- it isnt fragile in the least.

Username: Ddldave

Post Number: 2
dude you're scaring me, everybody in this forums is scaring me talking about samsung, my god, i knew i should of gotten a panasonic th-42px60u instead of a samsung hp-s4253

oh yeah, we got 3 plasmas in our house right now, a 50in panasonic th50px60u, a LG 42in, i don't know the model, and a 42in samsung hps4253 in my room and none of those have problems.

i even play ps3 games on my samy, and tried it in the lg in my moms room a long time ago. and no problems at all.

i heard that less than 1 percent of people who have plasmas have gotten burn ins now after 2005, because plasmas become more anti burn ins now and their lifespan has increased to 60,000 hours which is equivilant to a lcd now.

just try keeping your plasma in a well air opened area because most burn ins are from their tv overheating, so try keeping it in a cool place with lots of room and air, and try cleaning around your tv and vacuum the ground once in awhile because dust help heat up stuff so if you clean the dust in your tv, it'll be cooler.

luckly my samsung hps4253 came with a free cleaning cloth for my tv, i even use it on my ps3, it's really nice.

my dad bought a 5 year warranty from circuit city for around 470 dollars, does this cover the burn in warranty since the warranty from samsung's 1 year doesn't cover burn ins as well as other brands?

i usually go to plasmatvbuyingguide (google it if you don't know it) once in awhile to check up tv's it reviews each plasma very thoroughly from color to sound and the things that are in it like edge sharpening and stuff, and it even shows the top 10 plasmas from their reviews and it's really great.

heres the top 10 50 inch+ plasmas in their site

1 Panasonic TH-42PH9UK
2 Panasonic TH-42PX600U
3 Pioneer PDP-4270HD
4 Panasonic TH-42PX60U
5 Samsung HP-S4273
6 Samsung HP-S4253
7 Philips 42PF7321D/37
8 Hitachi CMP4221U
9 Panasonic TH-42PS9UK
10 LG 42PX3DCV

and heres the top 10 42 inch- plasmas in their site

1 Panasonic TH-42PH9UK
2 Panasonic TH-42PX600U
3 Pioneer PDP-4270HD
4 Panasonic TH-42PX60U
5 Samsung HP-S4273
6 Samsung HP-S4253
7 Philips 42PF7321D/37
8 Hitachi CMP4221U
9 Panasonic TH-42PS9UK
10 LG 42PX3DCV

yeap, no wonder why everybody gets a panasonic, great picture and sound quality as well as great anti-burn in and stuff, i remember reading something about along time ago when panasonic first introduced some anti burn in stuff on their televison in 2006 and every company started rushing to do the same thing. great stuff.

the site even got an accurate and very detailed information like plasma vs lcd, plasma vs dlp, and dlp vs lcd, it's really great just gota search for it.

oh yeah, i also heard that plasmas will make less noise when your lower to the ground since the higher your plasma is from the ground, it will have to work harder, the fans and transformers will make more noise because of the reduced atmospheric pressures.

many plasmas have improved after the 2005 models so really it doesn't experience as much trouble as the older models have and the future of plasmas is looking very bright.

i also heard that the new 2007 models will come out soon that's why so many 06 models are going on sale at all stores, you better hurry up and buy the 06 models before it's sold out and 07 models come out then you gota wait another year to buy a new one, but the 07 models will probably be more anti-burn in and also have more greater features to counter the burn ins and stuff. but yeah 06 is still good as long as it's not the old old plasmas where burn ins are really possible. i heard nowadays only 1 percent or less of hte populations with plasma will experience burn ins.

also samsung's plasmas are just as good as sony's but sony cost more since they got the brand sony, i heard samsung uses components to make their plasmas just as good as the quality of sony's.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 133
Your top 50 inch plasma list is all 42 inch plasmas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us