FORTEC?

Silver Member
Username: Vndpatel

Post Number: 138
I dnt know anything about fortec lifetime ultra. Can some one give me the newest bin?

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1372
What? 138 posts and can't find a bin ?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 2122
Fortec Ultra - Latest BIN is 292T

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 2293
292T has serious problem. Stay with either 290T or anything before. You can also wait until bugs are worked out of 292T.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2124
289T, 290T and 292T compared.
All of these BINs work with Pansat 2500 and clones and with Fortec Ultra.
289T and 292T work with BEV and DN satellites. The 290T comes in two versions - DN_290T and BEV 290T.
289T does NOT autoroll. 290T and 292T autoroll most of the time. Autoroll function is better on DN. The 292T will autoroll even if the autoroll is off.
All three give some glitches, such as auto reboot and 'scramble channel' message. These problems are much less if you keep auto update and autoroll off.
If you have the genuine Pansat you are likely to have more problems. You may attempt to solve it with the T version but I am unable to say whether it will reduce glitches.
The big difference between 290T and 292T is that the International channels on 61.5W come in nicely with 292T. They were a big problem with the 290T. They are OK with 289T, but you have to do manual key entry.
Of the three, the channel changing is slowest with 292T. If you change channels using the small screen with EPG display it will work better.
I think you will see an improvement if you change from 289T or 290T to 292T. Keep the autoroll and auto TP off.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
man i am helpin a friend i have a pansat

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8167
and your point is?...all sites listed in the RECOMMENDED REPUTABLE SATELLITE SITES thread have these Pansat 2500 and clone bins and instructions how to upload them..

Username: Esa2fr

Post Number: 1
HI EVERYONE I'M A NEW IN THIS FORUM
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR HOW KNOW: I HAVE A FORTEC LIFETIME ULTRA AND MY PROBLEM IS: I HAVE TO ENTER THE CODE KEY (FOR NEGRA2) EVERY TIME WHEN THIS CODE CHANGE. IF SOMEONE HAVE ANY IDEA TO CHANGE THIS ACTION FROM MANUAL TO AUTOMATIC ? THAKS FOR HELP.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2126
lamhazate : Read 3rd post above yours.

Username: Esa2fr

Post Number: 2
thinks NYDA

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
i founs the bin but i am having trouble finding the correct loader. I have a fortec lifetime ultra

Silver Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Post Number: 279
Pansat STB Uploader B.L. 1.4........ thats the loader you need for bins like 289T or 290T to 292T and so on . you can find it a many sites

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
btw i went from bin 287T to 292T NEVER GOT THE OTHER BINS INBETWEEN lol .. not any different than 287T except autoroll works 287T you had to put in the keys manualy and was very stable... bin 292T....tested it long enough and it turns off by its self when rolling the keys..... freezing when trying to change channels... once and awhile cant turn off the reciever and have to boot it from the back .PAIN IN THE A@S... going to try bin 290T
i dont like to flash new bins if the old one works but got curious about the newer ones . now i may go back to 287T if bin 290T isnt any better

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
im still havin trouble finding the loader. i found 1 and when i loaded it it said download was not correct.

Username: Ced25

the uploader is giving always the message : Model name does not correct. suggestions plz??

Gold Member

Post Number: 2129
The uploader BL updater 1.4 does not require Model name.
USE BL UPDATER 1.4 - nothing else.
It is found at many sites in the Pansat section and often in the fortec and Pantec sections.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2130
Doreen's post illustrates the difference of experience between people with different viewing habits. In this forum and other forums, people who have been scanning 119/110W have seen hardly any difference from 287T onwards. At the other extreme are people whose main viewing is 61.5W or 148W where they have had nothing but frustration which is 90% solved by 292T -occasional reboots still occur, but autoroll works even with it set off!
In between, there are people who scan 82/91W and have had to contend with frequent key changes and autoroll working and then not working. 292T fixes that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2309
Here is the link for the current BL loader v1.4

http://www.future-fta.info/Forums/showthread.php?t=21

Username: Gophone

I loaded my fortec ultra lifetime with X-85BL_070304_292T_api
and it never came back on.

Any suggestion show to revive it?

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2325
Spice - What exactly is it doing or not doing? Do you see lines going back and forth?

Post Number: 2
No Lines. When I turn the power on its not doing any thing. Nothng on the display.

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
ok sounds like you downloaded a clone killer bin and now you need to jtag your receiver. first... try to load the factory boot file.. boot_Lifetime Ultra_ver60_040515
then load the lastest LTU file
LTU__276 factory file or the 272 which you can find on this site http://fortecstar.com/downloads/ BTW you need the right loader for the first 2 files Uploader_v321.. after you have done all that .. load another updated bin 289T .290T or 292T from an other site ... use BL uplaoder 14 Dsscommunity is a good site and most times doesn't have clone killers. If none of this works .. You will find the proper jtag info and files for your FTU receiver on the same dsscommunity site. I hope this helps you out.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the details above.

I got all the files after doing some digging. I could not find the boot file on fortec's website.
I found the following uploader on fortec website and its giving me an error "file type mismatch."
Uploader - v.3.31 ( August 08, 2004)

I tried other uploaders but no luck with uploading.

Where can I find Uploader_v321

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2357
Go to www.fortecstar.com. That is the official site for Fortec receivers.

Post Number: 4
Did that but I could not find uploader versoin 3.21 there. Version 3.31 is not working for me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2362
Spice - What is it doing or not doing?

Post Number: 5
Receive is dead. Does not come on when I hit the power switch at the back. This happened when I loaded X-85BL_070304_292T_api.

Dave

Gold Member

Post Number: 2366
Sounds like you need to JTAG. If no power then it won't matter what loader you use.

Post Number: 6
I ordered a jtag cable. Where can i find some good instructions?

Post Number: 8
Received my jtag cable today. Where can I find some good instructions to fix box. Fortec unltra lifetime?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2399
Go to this thread here and pick just about any of these sites and you'll find "How to" Manuals.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/333454.html

Username: Samara5

hi, i have the fortec star classic NA and it's been down for the past 4 months. the last message I received was upload codes and i don't know how to do this. please help. thanks, sam
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us