Tv works with 1080i cant get the p

Username: Stroise

Post Number: 1
i have a toshiba 62dlp. the cable box seems to only put out the 1080i. the tv can handle to p. i hooked up the cable box witha dvi adapter to hdmi cable to the tv hdmi. would this be downgrading the signal and that is why i cant get to 1080p. also is there much of a difference between 1080i then p. if there isnt much of a difference then i wont bother.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Somewhere on... U.S.

Post Number: 958
If you did a little research you'd find out that there is nothing being broadcast in 1080p. The amount of bandwidth needed to do so is off the charts, so nobody is doing it. You can expect some blueray stuff that will be able to provide you with 1080p, but that's another story

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 601
If you remove the i and put p it will get you 1080p

Actually if you contact your cable company and somehow get you the newer 1080i optical port and use newer HDMI 1080p ver 1.30 your cablebox will upscale to closeset pixel resolution to 1080p

Bad news to many people and cable compnaies but great news to people that invested in 1080p TV sets.

This is why you'll find older HDMI cables dirt cheap
If your TV can't handle 1080p and or you can't afford newer HDMI cables just stay 1080i. I believe the newer boxes by Scientific Atlanta is the 4520HD replacing the 4500HD. And newer 1080p HDMI ver 1.30 protocol replacing standard HDMI.

Satellite boxes make sure you get STB with 1.30 HDMI interface

Don't get Duped

Username: Steveinvestor1

Rockaway, NJ USA

Post Number: 1
I have a Mitsubishi 73 Diamond Front Projection sunk in wall. Problem is has no HDMI connection. Only Component HD. TV supports 1080i. I purchase an Samsung R135 and I would like to get the upscaler to work through the Component cables. How do I turn off the HDCP so I can get higher res out of my cables. Help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us