DvD Hookup

Username: Standinthere1

Post Number: 2
I have a Sanyo tv that I have hooked up to a dvd player to. It also runs thru Sattelite Dish or box.. The player and vcr and tv are all hooked up properly but half way thru a movie on the DVD player the movie freezes up. I thought it was my DVD player and so I purchased a new one. The same thing happens. Can it be the sattelite or am I doing something wrong.? Please help.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3308
Is the disc dirty or damaged? The player shouldn't be on anything that produces heat.

Post Number: 3
Discs are brand new. Player on a shelf all alone and I had thought about the heat but it doesn't matter where I put it, it continues it's problem.
When I first hooked all this up a year ago it was fine. This is a new problem in the last few months. I just do not understand it.

Post Number: 4
I just put a shorter cable from the dvd player to the box. I thought this would help but Nope...any other suggestions? Help please

Gold Member

Post Number: 3309
The lens may need cleaned. The spindles need cleaned sometimes too.

Post Number: 5
thanks for the info...I'll try it...I find it hard to believe that a brand new DVD player needs to be cleaned but as I said, I'll try anything. Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3311
The new one shouldn't need cleaned. A year old one is possible, unlikely though. What brand of player are you using?

Post Number: 6
I am using a Magnavox MWD 7006.. It wasn't real expensive but not the bottom of the line either.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3312
Philips/Magnavox pretty poor quality stuff.

Silver Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 157
Try this site. It has some very impressive performers that fit your price point. David was accurate, if not a little blunt.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=all

Username: Styler

Post Number: 1
i hooked up my dvd player thru my vcr and i can hear it but can't see the picture what do i do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3324
You probably can't connect a DVD player through a VCR without having copy protection problems. Connect the DVD straight to the TV. If there aren't any line inputs on the TV, use an RF modulator.

Username: Moonmonster

Post Number: 1
I have a PROSCAN PS27108 and a Samsung DVD P241 DVD player. I can't seem to get them to work together. I BELIEVE I have tried every kind ofway to hook them up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3363
The line input may be on channel 91-93 or somewhere around there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us