LCD or Plasma?

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 222
I know this has been talked about a million times on the net but Im still lost. In a month or 2, I am buying a new tv. Im planning either a 42" Plasma or a LCD. My dad has a 42" LG Plasma and it looks great for SDTV, but I havent seen HD, thoguh im sure thats jaw dropping. Now my main source is SDTV, satellite tv, ps2, and dvd. I will of course get hdtv satellite, and a upconverting dvd player. But I want to know, if I get a LCD, will I see worse regular TV? I want to lean towards lcd because of the burnin problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Josh1005

Norfolk, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 36
plasma all the way the burning in problem is really not that big of a deal anymore i have a samsung 42" plasma and love it play PS3 on it all the time and never seen any burning. this perticular model has different burn in protections in the menu. plasma has a better picture for sports, movies, games, SDTV, and HDTV. i would deffenitly go with the plasma

Bronze Member
Username: Scherrman

Post Number: 27
I wouldn't worry about the burn in problem. The way you should decide should be based on what size you want and how much you want to spend. If you want bigger than 40" I would get a plasma. If you want smaller than 40" go LCD.

Bronze Member
Username: Alright_boy

Post Number: 95
First, it's not clear what you mean by "regular tv". If you mean tube based, a well built CRT high definition set will generally outperform either a plasma or LCD. The limitations have to do with weight and picture size-generally around 200 pounds for 34-36 inch set. For plasma, reasonable precautions should avert a burn in problem. Leave it on that stock ticker channel and you will likely experience difficulty. Plasmas generally have deeper blacks resulting in improved picture definition and image. LCDs are improving in this area. You must determine your needs before purchase.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us